Saturday, January 5, 2008

A picture, as promised

I promised I would post a pic of my finished jewelry display. It's now proudly hanging in my bathroom. :) It boasts a cork backing behind the fabric and homemade tacks (curtesy of a tutorial over at How About Orange) to display the jewelery. I also stretched a ball chain in between two tacks to hang my earrings on.

I learned so much from this project!

Number 1:
Next time, use a mitre saw for cleaner edge cuts. You can't tell very much, but the box is a tad bit crooked.

Number 2:
Use a darker frame and a lighter background fabric. Currently all of the jewelry is getting lost on the background.

Number 3: Make sure I have wood glue and a good sander.

1 comment:

Steph said...

Oh WOW, Brie, this is amazing! I'm so impressed that you did all of this!! It's so functional, but pretty! I agree that the fabric does kind of hide some of the smaller jewelry, but its still really nice! Great job :)