Monday, January 14, 2008

Happy Birthday to me!

This weekend was possibly the best I've had in a long long time. :) I turned 25 on Saturday and spent it surrounded by friends and family. As a surprise, my little brother came down and brought me a 2001 Chateau Brion, some Absinthe (the legal kind, without the wormwood) and some nice drinking wine. (I'm not a slush I promise!) I got some money from my parents and a Starbux gift card from my friend Ashley.

As far as creativeness goes.... I did go to the Austin Museum of Art for my birthday to see Roy Lichtenstein's work. Majorly exciting, it was fabulous. Kudos to my wonderful husband Jon for the idea. It was amazing. :) After we went to the art museum, we went to Joe's Crab shack and I had lots of drinks and crab and played the bongos to the birthday song. :)

I've been trying to get better at knitting. I found out that I had been purling incorrectly the whole time. It's a lot easier now that i'm purling correctly. I'm also using bamboo needles this time around. They are a ton more comfy on my hands. I'm getting better at following patterns and I might just have a few FOs (finished objects) soon to show off.

1 comment:

bettyninja said...

Hope you had a wicked happy birthday! Your so lucky to be near Austin. I love that city.